The story of Sparks Griffin Funeral Home began in the City of Pontiac, Michigan. The original location on Oakland Avenue was founded by Mr. Garnet Sparks in 1927. After five years of exemplary funeral service to the community, Mr. Sparks moved his funeral home to West Huron Street between the Pontiac High School and the railroad tracks, across from the old Firestone Company. A year later, Mr. Sparks moved yet again to the current location on Williams Street.
Knowing that to best serve his families he would need to expand his services, Mr. Sparks brought on Glenn H. Griffin as his business partner in 1940. The funeral home was then renamed to Sparks Griffin Funeral Home, as it is today. After another 13 years of service, Mr. Sparks chose to retire, leaving the funeral home to Mr. Griffin. Mr. Griffin's activity within the residential and business community allowed him to serve more and more families, and Mr. Sparks knew that he was leaving his funeral home in capable hands.
In 1962, Mr. Griffin expanded the building, nearly tripling the size of the funeral home in order to better serve his growing market of families. Nine years later, Mr. Griffin's son Thomas joined the staff, following in his father's footsteps of service. In 1973, Sparks Griffin Funeral Home purchased the Allen Funeral Home of Lake Orion, Michigan, remodeling the home for an entire year until it was up to the Sparks Griffin standard of service.
In 2001, Sparks Griffin Funeral Home celebrated the joining of Gregory Griffin, Tom's son, making them a three generation funeral home. To this day, Sparks Griffin Funeral Home remains committed to the cities and communities of Pontiac and Lake Orion, offering the best service for their families as only locally owned and operated funeral homes can.